Temperature measurement for tubes and rolls
The temperature of round, cylindrical objects must also be monitored and controlled frequently. For example, in the production of large pipes or thin and very thin tubes, but also within production plants (e.g. rollers), temperature measurement is often an issue.
Lune CHF can offer a solution for any diameter type. From the sub-millimeter range up to several meters. The wall thickness is not relevant. The lune measuring range extends from a few micrometers to solid full material. The measuring method used is again the so-called Convective-Heat-Flow method. We do not measure infrared or tactile, but by means of heat flow. This superior method makes lune the first choice for non-contact, in-line temperature measurement in many areas.
The lune systems work in-line. Measurement and data transfer are done in real time. Even at high rotational or line speeds, we guarantee precise temperature measurement without inertia losses.
Typical applications are:
- Production of tubes for needles in medical technology
- Control of rolls and roll stands in sheet metal processing
- Cold rolling of aluminium sheet
- Coating processes
- Finishing processes
The measuring objects can be of different nature.
- All metals (Al, Fe, Cu etc.)
- All surfaces (bright, matt, reflecting, colored, anodized, oxidized, coated etc.)
- All non-metallic materials (plastics, polymers, glass, ceramics, organic substances, etc.)
- All shapes and sizes