Wire, cable, conductors for process monitoring and control
Non-contact temperature measurement of wires, cables and conductors is one of the main applications of lune CHF products.
Lune systems are used in production lines for process control and management. This allows, for example, an optimal monitoring and control of conductor preheaters.
The lune systems work in-line. Measurement and data transfer are done in real time. Even at high line speeds we guarantee precise temperature determination without inertia losses.
As measuring method we use the so-called Convective-Heat-Flow procedure. This means that we do not measure infrared or tactile, but by means of heat flow. This superior method makes lune the method of choice for non-contact, in-line temperature measurement in wire and cable production.
Typical applications in the wire and cable industry include the production of cables and wires for data transfer (CAT6, CAT7 etc.), telecommunications, aerospace and transportation, medical devices etc.
- Insulation of conductors
- Conductor preheating and extrusion processes
- Wire production, wire drawing and rolling
- Monitoring during annealing
- Monitoring during cooling
- Application of special coatings such as fluoropolymers (e.g.: PTFE, PFA, ETFE, FEP), silicone rubber, ceramic materials, etc.
The measuring objects can be of different nature.
- All metals (Cu, Al, Fe etc.)
- All surfaces (bright, matt, reflective, colored, anodized, oxidized, coated etc.)
- All non-metallic materials (plastics, polymers, glass, ceramics, organic substances etc.)
- All geometries (round, square, complex)
- All sizes (from 0.075mm diameter to several meters, also flat material)